It's Been A Long Summer
Be careful what you wish for ....
Sorry to have dropped off the blogosphere so abruptly and thank you for your messages wondering where in the hell I went to.
Initially, I got pissed off with Blogger and was trying to transfer my account over to another host site. As I am a technical idiot, this was taking time and making me even madder than I was originally.
But the real blog-stopper was that I got a job teaching 6th grade at the school I wanted to teach at - I pause here to thank the educational gods - and I have literally not stopped since the moment I heard the good news. I have been working 8-10 hour days getting ready for the first day, which is this Monday.
I am feeling scared and nervous and excited and .... well, mainly just scared. If I stop to think about the big picture, what I'm expected to do over a whole school year, my knees get a little trembly, so I am trying to only think about things on a week to week basis right now.
I hope to keep you posted on what happens, but at my last teacher meeting they warned us all NOT to have blogs or MySpace pages or Facebook accounts or ANYTHING that might somehow get us in trouble or get the school system sued. They're real concerned about the whole getting sued thing, heh.
So we will see how it goes.....wish me luck!


11 comments:
I hope it works out wonderfully for you!
Now this is where you go back and change your name and picture on your blog and go incognito.
Besides - it's never a good idea to get too specific about work on your blog anyway. :)
Glad you're okay and congratulations on the job - especially because it's the job you wanted!
Congrats of the job and Pooh on their saying no blogs! Hope you can post anyway.
definitely go incognito, but don't quit blogging.
Don't post about anything that happens at school, *especially* nothing about any interaction with kids, and you're fine. You'll notice that it's almost never that I post anything about work, and then only in the most general of terms that could apply to any workplace. Nobody knows where I work and I aim to keep it that way.
- Badtux the Former Teacher Penguin
Girl you need to come back to Europe and break loose from those "crackers." I know bad habits are hard to break, but damn girl Europe is at least civilized and its not dog eat dog like it is with all those dogs you are living with now!
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
Don't stop posting such articles. I like to read stories like this. BTW add more pics :)
Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.
I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing
I would appreciate more visual materials, to make your blog more attractive, but your writing style really compensates it. But there is always place for improvement
Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.
Post a Comment