Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Putting On The Gritz

Overheard at our Country Club swimming pool yesterday .....

Immaculately coiffed and painted mom #1:
"Well, I just don't know about her. The last time we had the Daughters* at her house, she served deviled eggs in a deep dish ..." (rolls her eyes)

Immaculately coiffed and painted mom #2:
(In amazement) "Good Lord! No egg tray plate?"


*Daughters is in reference to the Daughters of the American Revolution. A hoity-toity group of people, if you ask me. But they are right, you should NEVER serve deviled eggs in a deep dish. I'm betting the lady in question is a Yankee.

2 comments:

Dixie said...

Oh my lord, shoot the woman now! How dare she! Serving deviled eggs in a deep dish.

Please. I don't give a flying rat's hiney how they are served. What is important is, are they good?!?

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!