Cedar Creek Gallery Spring Festival;And Sadly He Failed The Test ...
A sort-of day off today ... I ended up going back to Cedar Creek and logging in a couple of hours anyway. Everyone is working at a frantic pace getting ready for the imminent 40th Spring Festival at the gallery.
Along with the usual pottery, textile, glass and woodturning demonstrations, Alan Bennett will be firing up the wood kiln on Saturday, there will be live music all weekend, and we also have a full on pig-picking scheduled (free and open to the public) to kick off the artist's reception for our fabulous Contemporary Sculpture show that's opening on Friday night. I saw it in its almost final version today and it's pretty darn awesome.
It's been hard work but if you're in the area come on over, I guarantee it will be well worth your time. Plus, you might get the chance to see me burn or cut myself as I assist Lisa Oakley blowing glass. Think of it as a bonus.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In unrelated news, The Punk has distinguished himself yet again. Sadly, this is NOT the first time this has happened. Yes, that is me laughing at and filming my beloved offspring instead of helping him. I may be a bad parent but hey, I know funny when I see it.


3 comments:
Pig pickin? Never heard that before! But if it's like a good old fashioned pig roast - I WISH I was going to be in the area! Have fun!
And the video? Gave me a good chuckle. He's not still stuck, is he?
Man, I haven't been to a pig pickin since I left NC for NYC!
I guess there are things about the South that I DO miss after all...
Bettejo - after consulting with non-Southern colleagues, pig pickin = pig roast indeed :=)
Greg - you're overdue for a visit back home!
Post a Comment