March Madness; But Less Wood Please!
Oh and another major reason for my bloggery dropout the last week that I totally neglected to mention in yesterday's post is, of course, the ongoing NCAA tourney (I was actually watching a game while I was typing it last night, so I wasn't paying full attention, my bad).
I believe I may have mentioned before that I am a wee bit of a UNC basketball fan; they are expected (by me, if no one else) to go all the way to the final this year and win the whole shebang. I am pleased to report to those of you not the least bit interested that they are indeed whipping the baggy basketball pants off their opponents so far. And Duke got knocked out early, haha. So, all is right with the world ... well almost.
Unfortunately, there is a fly in the TV coverage ointment. I realize that the target audience for most sports is men, but those ubiquitous Viagra ads are driving me batshit crazy ya'll, 'scuse my French.
It's not even that the ads cruelly implant the mental image of a group bunch of lusty old horndogs grinning like loons at each other (and sitting in a circle, 'nuff said!) into your mind, but that they have taken a beloved Elvis song, Viva Las Vegas, and ruined it for me forever.
I can't hear that song now without picturing Grandpa shouting, "Hurry up Ma! The pill is working, it's working!", while poor old Ma is weeping silent tears of rage and despair in the pantry.
So please quit already with the ads, we get it ...


5 comments:
If I was Grandma, I'd be pouring Grandpa's Viagra down the drain and replacing it with some Sominex.
Mahala-I would suggest that you have been disenfranchised in the past by someone that didn't do their job right ;-)
Rose... See me when you get home......
I agree with you about UNC basketball and Viagra, too. Now if we could just get them to stop showing the ads - AND stop sending me spam for it - I'd be happy!!
(I agree with Mahala, and laugh at grandpa rose!! LOL)
Lol! That's all, LOL!
I'm sure there are plenty of older women happy to have thier husbands involved in their sex lives again (no more BOB) but I wonder how many grandmas thought they were done with bad sex only to have gramps get viagra...LOL!! You know, std's have become a big problem in retirement communities - seriously! And I really like explaining to my child about Viagra....
Post a Comment