Procrastination
I am supposed to be revising for my big exam coming up in June. Oh, I've looked at my books and papers, organized my study guide, even taken a few online "practice" quizzes.
However, I find myself casting around looking for something, anything, I can do that's not study related. Cleaning is a given; scrubbing around the base of the toilet with a toothbrush is, in fact, a wonderful form of avoidance that allows you to "one-up" your family members who don't scrub around the toilet with a toothbrush, then sit down for a well-earned break. The happy side effect is a superior feeling of smugness whilst, of course, not studying.
Playing with children is another good one. The kids have been amazed at my sudden interest in watching Naruto with them. That Gaara! Ain't he a stinker? Plus, I had forgotten how much fun jumping rope and playing hopscotch was.
I find I'm suddenly addicted to Internet Backgammon. Did you know you could play people from all around the world? And that most of them will up and quit a game if they're losing? It's remarkable, poor sportsmanship is a global problem. I would never have known this if I hadn't been procrastinating!
I have been so eager to go to work that I arrive early and stay late and I am always available for more hours! The boss is understandably suspicious, but hasn't remarked on this odd change of behavior in case she jinxes it and I go back to being the grumpy pain-in-the-butt she's used to.
I even avoided the blog for a few days. It seemed too much like effort and I wasn't feeling like putting out any. Now I realize that I blundered. Blogging is an excellent way to avoid studying. Lacking any inspiration only yesterday, today I find myself FULL of WONDERFUL thoughts and ideas to share with you. Many, many days worth, as a matter of fact.
See you tomorrow!


2 comments:
Oh girl, I'm sooo with you on that procrastination! I've got until September to finish my online course. I've hardly started it. The past few days I've MADE myself sit down and work at it for a few hours. Blogging is a great way to put it off. I'd probably get at least 2 more hours of studying in, if I'd stop reading everyone's blog.
Ok BOTH of you get to work studying....or I get out my whip!
BTW love, toilet looks great :-)
Post a Comment