Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Day At The Beach

Since we had no TV or computers to entertain us this past week, Grandma and I decided to take The Boy to the beach. We were a little worried, as last year he wanted nothing to do with it; the nasty sand kept sticking to his feet, which bothered his little OCD soul to no end.
He spent the entire time we were on the shore trying to get his feet clean. Happily, our worries proved to be unfounded this year. He loved it.



We brought the required bucket and spade for him to make sandcastles with, which he did for a while ... but then the birds caught his eye. He seemed to not mind the pipers and other smaller birds, but the SEAGULLS on the other hand ..... they had to GO!

An enemy gull is spotted too close to our camp. The bucket and spade are thrown down and The Boy readies himself for battle.









Oh My God! Can you believe it has the nerve to land right next to us!









AAAAAttack!







I'm pretty sure he'd still be chasing that bird if we would have let him. I give him an A+ for Effort, if not smarts!

2 comments:

Jiffers said...

Weird how, even though it's the same ocean, it doesn't like quite the same when you take pic's of people lounging on Blackpool Beach . . . .yes, OK, I know it's really the Irish Sea but who's counting?

Unknown said...

Yet somehow it's not the same without donkeys!