Good Neighbors
Our next door neighbors, who pretty much disliked us the entire time we had a blue tarp on our roof, have done a total 180 since we finished up the house renovations. As I mentioned earlier, they have taken to bringing over huge bags of their home-grown tomatoes every other day or so. Okay, I'm getting sick of tomato sandwiches now. There, I said it. But still, better than the cold shoulder we used to get, I suppose.
Unfortunately, our neighbors on the other side of us have sold their house, as all their kids are in college now and they are downsizing. They were great; very friendly, someone you could get help from in a pinch, yet didn't want to really socialize too much. They were perfect. Mom stopped and chatted with them today at the yard sale they were having (I thought they could have given us a heads-up on their wicker porch furniture, but noooo it was already sold) and it seems that the people who bought the house are, and I quote, "Yankees from Connecticut" who tried to "nickel and dime" them on the price. Good lord, we have Northerners moving in next door! I hope they don't try any kind of that funny foreign stuff with us.


0 comments:
Post a Comment