Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Jingle All The Way Baby, Mama Needs A New Blog Design!

Thanks to a heads up from Bettejo (and "jo" is pronounced with a "j", people) I am now all excited at the chance to win a new design for my blog! I think you will all agree the current one is pretty sucky and if you've been reading NMSC for any length of time, you will know how much I DETEST all things blog design related. I have tried it, I can't do it, I know when I'm whipped and need some professional help!

So I'm throwing my virtual hat into the ring and entering the "Jingle All The Way" contest being run by Lara at Designed By Lara. She has already created quite a few fetching sites for other bloggers and is kindly offering template-challenged people such as myself a chance for a makeover. The rules state that I must tell you why I want a new template. Hmmm. I think it's pretty obvious myself, all you have to do is look at it! But in the spirit of competition here goes!
_________________________________________________________
Dear Lara,

I would dearly love to win a new blog template because of the following reasons:

1) The current version you see now is the result of three weeks of constant tinkering, breaking the page, reverting back to what I had before, tinkering some more, crying a little, breaking the page, reverting back to what I had before, screaming and throwing things at my husband in a rage because I kept breaking the page, tinkering and finally giving up and settling for what I have.

2) After three weeks of aforementioned tinkering, I still could not manage to fix the code so that you could click on my header to get back to my home page. This made me very angry in the face and yes, depressed. Not to mention the fact that my husband felt sorry for me and bought Not Much Southern Comfort.com so I could have a better blog, but I haven't a clue what to do with it yet, so it's been put to one side for now. Unless I win a new blog design!

3) My life is a state of constant chaos - I have four children, too many dogs, a live-in mother and a husband who's purpose in life is to borrow my car keys and forget where he put them. Having a beautifully designed neat and tidy blog, one that actually does what it's supposed to do, one that thoughtfully reflects the real me, would go a looooong way towards helping me stay sane.

4) I had a very sad and tragic childhood. I was forced to walk uphill to school, both ways, every day, we slept in a cardboard box on the side of the road and we were grateful for it, I was so unpopular I had to wear a pork chop around my neck just to get the dogs to play with me, and I was once spanked by a monkey!

Okay, I made the last one up (except for the bit about being spanked by a monkey, that part is true) but I was starting to get into the groove...

I have to say Lara, and I hope this won't reflect too badly on my entry, but it seems you have a slight sadistic streak. Asking me, an admitted computer imbecile, to embed a picture on the sidebar of my main blog bar......at least I think that's what you said, I'm not really sure, I kind of went into a coma after seeing "incomprehensible code=blah blah blah" in your instructions of what to do ..... is just this side of mean. Me likey that about you.

So in summation, please pick me! Please, please, pleeeease!

Yours sincerely,
Honeysuckle Rose
_________________________________________________________

And before I forget and seem ungrateful ....

I am slowly catching up from my trip last week - Pawhealer at the previously mentioned A Spiritual Dog Blog passed on the "Be The Blog" badge to me about the same time she tagged me for the 7 things that annoy me task.

What is it? Well, I am going to totally steal the quote from Paw's page "[it] really sums up what a successful blogger does. And what I mean by successful is that they make it their own, stay with it, are interactive with their readers, and just plain have fun."

Sometimes I wonder if people actually read this damn thing, not that it would make any difference to me, haha! But it's so nice to find out a few like it enough to comment occasionally. Many thanks ....it's extremely gratifying to get a nod of appreciation from a fellow blogger!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BetteJo said...

Oooh - love having somebody else work on my blog - cause I break my blog too! Success!

Callie said...

I love you blog! And Marcie is the cutest in her wedding attire!
Have a wonderful Holiday Season.

callie

Unknown said...

Based on your letter....you deserve to win..poor thing...poor me!

I had the same problems, that's why I had Lara do my blog....

Unknown said...

Thanks Callie!

Bettejo and Pawhealer - love your sites, I hope I win!