Thursday, March 1, 2007

I Think I Love You

Sometimes I feel like a suburban Queen Canute, trying in vain to hold back the waves of grape jelly, spilled apple juice and dog hair that threaten to overwhelm my household in a sea of stickiness and decay.

But not today. Today, I received my new best friend. His name is the Hoover Floormate Spinscrub. He is everything I wanted and more. He came highly recommended by friends, who had already sampled his charms and found them good. I gave him a whirl as soon as he arrived and he didn't let me down; my floors are clean enough to actuallly walk on now! I think I'm in love and it's for keeps.

I remember having this same breathless feeling about David Cassidy when I was nine; is this normal?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

IF that thing vibrates it sounds like I'm done for.....

Dixie said...

Oh.My.Gah! I soooo want one of those. I have been eyeing it for months now. I kept putting off buying because I didn't know if it would work that well or not. Is it really that great?? If it is, I'll be buying it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Come back anytime!

Anonymous said...

It must be,she used all the soap for it,our kitchen floor is clean enough to eat off of,the house smells funny,she says that means its clean,and I got lucky last night...apparently the only thing it doesnt do is vibrate!

Unknown said...

Dixie! Thanks for stopping by!

Two days in and it's working like a charm! I used it twice today, once just for fun....I obviously have too much free time....

I actually stopped to admire my kitchen floor several times this afternoon in a very obsessed fashion. Treat yourself and buy one!

Dixie said...

Hiw hard is it to use??

Unknown said...

It's dead easy to put together and to use it, you just push the on/off button.

The only thing you have to do besides that is empty the water container when it gets full.

Honestly, buy one .... they are on sale at Amazon right now for $99.99!

Dixie said...

You never should have told me that!