Wednesday, November 14, 2007

More Difficulties Grrrr

The computer is now working as intended - unfortunately now my body has decided to seize up.

While trick or treating with The Punk at Halloween, I was walking through our front yard and fell into a hole that The Husband had skillfully left as a trap for clumsy people such as myself. I thought for a minute I had broken my ankle, but it was just a bad sprain and the entire right side of my body was sore. (If you know me, you won't be surprised, as I am extremely prone to fits of falling down for no apparent reason, completely sober, in a most embarrassing fashion.)

But this time has been different. The pain hasn't gone away. In fact, it has become progressively worse until I seem to have lost most of the function of my right arm (it feels like a wet noodle and I have shooting pains down into my wrist) and my shoulder feels like it's on fire all the time. I need to go see a doctor, I think, but I haven't got any health insurance, so I'm loath to go.

Which would lead nicely into a rant about the US and its health care system, except that to sit here and type is hard to do for longer than a couple of minutes. Suffice it to say, I'm not a Republican.

Instead I will keep popping Advil and save what strength I do have right now for work related activities. But I've been mentally writing blogs in my head and let me tell you, they're fantastic. You would have laughed, cried and whooped with joy when you read them, trust me. Maybe one day soon I can get them out of my head and onto the screen!

5 comments:

snacknuts said...

I don't suppose you happen to have a video clip of this fall that you could post, do you? Don't get me wrong, it's terrible that you were injured. However, if you could bring a few laughs to others who need it (such as myself?) maybe that would make the experience worth it.

Anonymous said...

Aw, Lisa! Look after yourself and get well soon. Love and hugs x

Unknown said...

Zesty I *do* wish I had video of some of the more spectacular falls I've had over the years. Maybe I will try carrying a camera with me at all times in case I can capture one for your entertainment!

Nat - thanks :=)

Anonymous said...

HA! Maybe I can get her to do a re-enactment!
I agree, other than being in target range at the time seeing it would have been worth a laugh!

BetteJo said...

I'm good at falling down too. Broke my left ankle once and sprained the right one twice. No fun.
I'd be a tad worried about anything that gets progressively worse tho, I know I know I know it's expensive, but you might want to rethink the doctor thing.