Donnie Davies Exposed
No, not in THAT way .....ewww, get your mind out of the gutter, dude.
It has been revealed that the Pastor Donnie Davies from Love God's Way that I posted about earlier is in fact an actor named Joey Oglesby.
Whew! I am relieved my comedy instincts haven't completely deserted me and that my initial impression was right on the money; it was satire.
The troubling thing about all this to me is that I was perfectly willing to believe that a Christian pastor would write and sing a song with the refrain "God hates a fag". That tells me the evangelicals have a massive P.R. problem, to say the least.


8 comments:
Hey there, Honeysuckle :-D . . . with greetings from a wind-swept Warrington where the memories of Willy-Pie stay long in our hearts . . . . I have just followed the link to the Joel/Joey Davies's exposé and the update is interesting insomuch as there seems to be a categorical denial about his involvement in the video . . . .
This is turning into a roller-coaster ride of "is he or isn't he" proportions and I now find myself glancing sideways at the passing priests of Olde Warrington Township in case they, too, have been touched by the Donnie Stick . . . . . oh, why can't life be simpler?? Like it used to be before they invented vegetarian Bovril :-)
Be good and stay funny . . . . .
PS Hearty congratulations to the Princess for her essay and her award :-)
Is jiffers by any chance aka Billy (Is This Seat Taken?) No Mates???? If so greetings from Natty May - once one of the Babes From the Beeb.
It was the Willy Pie that made me think it must be you!
N@ . . . if only I hadn't started drinking to excess in my middle-teens, I might actually have some brain cells left over to act as a memory . . . .
The Billy No-Mates story doesn't ring any bells but if it ought to have done, then I am sure that you'll put me right at some later stage in this blog.
The night of the Willy Pie was famous insomuch as the Thanksgiving dinner was held (for some bizarre reason) on the same day as my dear lady wife had passed her driving test - - and, having chauffeured her around for two decades - - it was decided that she would drive ME to your house (which Honeysuckle Rose had borrowed for the occasion).
Then meterology stepped into the equation by delivering a very early (for November) temperature inversion and we had fog like a true pea soup and, even with her bottle-bottom glasses and white cane, I sensed an exciting drive in store.
I hope you're all keeping up with this protracted explanation of why N@ and I know each other . . . . . questions will be asked later and a 75% pass mark is essential :-)
Anyway, the dearly-beloved drives us to your house through the fog and, eventually, across the corner of your front lawn which, she says, she mistook for an extension to the driveway. Well, grass is grass in my book but it was her first day behind the wheel and I had, by that time, lost the ability to speak, breath and control my involuntary bodily functions at the same time.
It never was easy being me!
Where was I? . . oh, yes. . . . I used to point cameras for the Beeb at the time when you used to key-in amazingly spelt captions, N@. In fact, I still do that job and am looking forward to a decent slab of retirement . . . . eventually :-)
OK - I'd love to stay for longer but I have to go and prepare the guest bedroom so that I have somewhere to sleep once the dearly-beloved reads this :-)
Be good; be safe and stay funny :-)
Hi Jiffers
Hope Honeysuckle doesn't mind us turning her Blog Site into BBC Friends Reunited! Sorry to have mistaken you for someone else, as you are, of course, unique! Whilst trying to find a photo of the Willy Pie (which rose beautifully, might I add!)I came across the photo's of Summer Sunday (BBC Religion circa 1994)and in particular the Cyprus OB. Brought back many happy memories including those of Steve (Robertshaw?) who died the following year in a gliding accident. Lovely to hear from you. Glad all is well. I only passed my driving test last year, so I can sympathise even more with Alison that night. I reckon the dinner was to give thanks for your safe arrival as much as anything else!!! Good to hear from you. Give my love to anyone who remembers me. Is John Kirby still at the Beeb? He was such a laugh and always so nice to me. Better go before I get sucked into the Donnie Davies Exposed debate that I am supposed to be commenting on!!
Love n@
You're right, of course, N@ .. . we should leave Honeysuckle Rose to discuss matters of a more cosmopolitan nature . . . like Donnie Davies' exposure before a semi-naked Roman forum . . . I am shocked at HR's comments, btw ;-) . . I always saw her as a more "clean-living" person with whom the licentious behaviour of Tiberius, Caligula, Nero and Claudius would not sit prettily . . . .now I realise that she's just as pure as the driven slush :-)
But, before I go . . .. JK is fine .. he's had a few health-scares but is now well and is as gentlemanly and humourous as ever . . . lots of other people still around who will remember you so I shall gladly pass on your thoughts . . .
Right, I'm gone . . . apologies HR for the short-lived high-jacking/piggy-backing (or whatever else the Romans were doing last night)of your Blog . . . . lots of English hugs and love to you and I'll no doubt stick a thought in at some juncture further down the page xxxxxx
Highjack away, LOL
And back in the day, I was a pure driven lush, thanks very much!
Clean living?????? Oh, come on Jiffers! The honeysuckle rose I remember once chucked an entire dinner service in the bin because she couldn't face the washing up! Definitely more lush than slush!
Damn your elephant memory N@!
Post a Comment