Take That You Icky Gays!
I came across Donnie Davies' The Bible Says (Very NSFW) a couple of days ago and thought it was some kind of You-Tube parody that was going around, you know, along the lines of the recent SNL classic Dick In A Box. (Very NSFW)
The "gay" pink shirt and sharp white linen slacks, the slinky come-hither looks to camera and cheeky grin, the AMAZING lyrics, the catchy tune... I honestly thought the guy was approaching comedy genius. I challenge you to listen to his song and NOT be singing the main chorus to yourself immediately afterwards.
Imagine my surprise when the venerable blogger-god Andrew Sullivan linked it and, lo and behold, it would appear that this guy is SERIOUS. It's all explained in detail on Love God's Way. Be sure to note the links to 'Gay Bands' and prepare to be astonished. Elton John and The Pet Shop Boys, sure, they are gay as gayprancing unicorns, but Frank Sinatra and Jay-Z? Who knew?
Yet again, I stand confounded and gob-smacked at the absurd lengths people will go to to be perceived as "Christian" and "normal". What irritates me is that they want to tell the rest of us how to do that, too.
I really hope this is a hoax, but if not .....
Up yours, Donnie.


2 comments:
UM, Holy lord. Did you ever find out if this was a parody or not? I agree, it's freakin hysterical, unless he's serious, in which case it's still pretty funny if you think about it but also very disturbing.
It was a parody thank goodness. Still, I believed it when I first saw it, which I agree is very disturbing!
Post a Comment