Welcome
Having fled the rain and cold of the UK, where I spent the majority of my adult life, I find myself back in the same county I grew up in, in a tiny former tobacco town in North Carolina.
It has been an unexpectedly huge culture shock. I didn't realize just how much I identified myself as a de facto Brit until I moved back the States and started looking for intelligent conversation and found lots of well-meaning earnestness instead. The last five years have been interesting, to put it mildly. I find myself wanting to share my observations and opinions with more than my immediate family, who assure me that they are heartily sick of my observations and opinions.
So I will try something different for me, yet seemingly inevitable, and do the whole blogging lark.
I imagine it will be just me mainly typing into the internets with nobody listening, but I do hope some of you will take the time to stop in and visit and say hello on the odd occasion.


0 comments:
Post a Comment