My Space
After kicking and screaming and generally loathing all things Friendster/Classmates/My Space/WhatEver, I have finally succumbed and turned to the dark side.
I have a My Space Page.
I was seduced by the siren's call of of synergy, marketing, networking, blogging, blabbing, contacting, and/or gossiping. I do have friends who absolutely love My Space, but they are all under the age of thirty. I think I'm just too old and cranky to really "get it", but I'm gonna give it a whirl.
I will admit that I have had enormous fun trawling around various pages of people I don't know. It's like walking down the street at night and stopping to peer into your neighbor's windows to see what's going on in there. (Yep, I do that, too. And it's NOT stalking, dammit.) But doing it the cyber way is much warmer, attracts less police notice, and I can drink a glass of wine at the same time.
Well, gotta go and see if I have any friend adds yet - I don't want to be the sad loser that has only Tom for a friend!


0 comments:
Post a Comment