Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I Hate Computer Code

I am trying to learn how to work with the Blogger template to make my blog better, but it's like giving a monkey a typewriter, etc. It's a glacial process, mainly because I seem to lapse into a coma whenever I sit down and look at it. And I thought I could do it in a couple of days. What an idiot.

One thing I have discovered about myself; I can either write the blog or learn how to do this stuff. My brain can't handle both at the same time.

Have I mentioned how much I hate computer code? It's better than a sleeping pill. I get the very same angsty anxiety-ridden feeling doing this as I used to get back in Calculus class (and I have a vague blocked-out memory of that ending badly).

The SO has tried to help me, but as usual, my "computer tutorial" degenerated into him getting frustrated because I don't understand, and me shouting at him to stop shouting at me. Fun stuff!

4 comments:

Dazd said...

Yes it is very frustrating. Are you using the classic templates or the newer ones? I can't switch to the newer one because I don't understand the code. lol

Have you signed up at http://www.bloggertalk.net/ ?

I'm here via Blogging Fusions site. Hang in there and I enjoyed reading, so I'll be returning.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the suggestion, I am going there now!

Unknown said...

By the way, I was using the classic template because I *thought* it would be easier to fiddle with .... HA!

Dazd said...

ugh...lets try this again.

There are links on my left sidebar you might find useful as well. Blogger Talk is the best bet with all the sites listed and experienced people there.

If you have question, I can try and advise/help.