Thursday, January 3, 2008

Got Cropped At Last

Yes, folks, it finally happened. After over a year of NOT getting my haircut and constantly complaining about how awful it looked, I was physically bundled into an unmarked car by my life-long friends Lisa Oakley and The Fabulous Miss V and delivered to the hairdresser. And it was not just any hairdresser either, Morgan is one of the top hairdressers in the RTP area.

In fact, he's been the Fabulous Miss V's stylist for many years and she had to beg him to take us as he doesn't normally take new clients on. I think what swayed him was the fact that Lisa wanted to donate hers to Locks of Love, which he is a big supporter of. Her hair looked good, it was just long. My hair, on the other hand, was a limp mess of nothing that needed drastic measures.

Lisa and V both made it clear they were sick of hearing me whine about the state of my head but not actually doing anything about it. So, being the wonderful friends they are, they decided to make a party out of it, and booked us all to get our hair done and then move on to dinner at a posh restaurant straight afterwards. They even promised me champagne if I didn't back out at the last minute as I am prone to do. They know me very well; I am easily coerced if promised fine dining and booze.

When we walked in the door Morgan took one look at me and breathed, "Mmmmmhmmmm" in such a fashion as to let me know that whatever it was that V had told him had not included quite enough detail. Once we had established the fact that I didn't want anything dyed, but that yes, sir, he was the boss and what he said goes, he got to work.

Alas, I don't have a picture of me pre-cut (you have to forgive Lisa, she's not a blogger and didn't realize it was needed). She did manage to take a snap near the end of my session, so Lisa and I went from this:



This is me by the way.







To this:
It was wonderful watching a true artist at work; Morgan is a virtuoso with the scissors and in no time flat we both had low maintenance yet stylish cuts. I wanted to pick him up, twirl him around and kiss him, which kind of freaked him out a little, so I settled for a friendly group snapshot instead.

Miss V, who always looks good because she is smarter than the average bear and never had any children, glowed with the absolute knowledge that she had managed to make us look, even for just one night, as if we were not slobs bussed in from mommy-town. Even better, we had so much fun we booked another session for the end of January and vow to make it a monthly group date. I love my friends!

4 comments:

BetteJo said...

Ooooh! Is that streak natural??? You look fabulous! More importantly, don't you FEEL fabulous?
Wait. It's more important to look good, than to feeeeeel good.
I confused myself. :)

But you do look great!

Dixie said...

Looks great!! Love it!

kenju said...

You all look great! I love your streak (I assume it is natural).

Unknown said...

The grey streak is natural, I have had it since I was a teenager. Unfortunately, now it just keeps getting larger, lol