Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Budding Paparazzi

The Princess (pictured left in a self-portrait) got a digital camera for Christmas and has been busily learning how to use it. I was quite pleased that she was so interested and we've spent the last few weeks chatting about things like the proper use of lighting and how to frame her photos. I've always enjoyed photography - I've taken many classes and was the photo editor of my college yearbook - so it wasn't that much of a stretch to congratulate myself that my child was a creative little chip off the old mommy block.

Yep, I was pretty smug about it all until I downloaded the pictures she had taken and quickly realized what her main theme was; torturing The Punk.




It seems she likes to follow him around, goad him into crying(the picture above tells me that she had help from one of her sisters at least once), and then take endless pictures of his wailing. These are just a few examples ....

I have to give her credit - her composition isn't bad and she was pretty good about making sure there was a enough light. Sure, one is a little fuzzy, but I imagine it's difficult to focus when your subject is trying to hit you to make you quit it.

Now, I've been told a bit of sibling abuse is normal and goodness knows The Punk often brings it on himself. But just watch this snippet of video she took - or rather listen, as she didn't know that you need more light when you're taping, and you can't see anything, although the audio pretty much clues you into what is happening.

I thought hmmmm is this how it starts? Is she gonna be shouting "Britney!" from the sides of curbs, or following future Lindsay Lohans around Hollywood in ten years time? Keep an eye out for for the hysterical, yet inevitable, 'Why Don't You Leave The Punk alone!" YouTube clip coming soon ....

2 comments:

BetteJo said...

Oh and she giggles! Poor punk!

Mahala said...

Maybe it wasn't so bad being an only child afterall....