Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Duct Tape And Benadryl

I have always had the long cherished idea that if and when the kids get too hard to handle, I will use duct tape and administer Benadryl in order to get some peace and quiet.


Today I got the hard evidence, via an email doing the rounds, that some other parent has beaten me to it! I don't know who this child is, but it looks remarkably calm. And the duct tape appears to be working as intended ..... this is definitely now on my list of things to do. We'll start with The Boy and go from there!

2 comments:

BetteJo said...

Oh I love it - but I think that kid needs more drugs!
My daughter did some weird college scavenger hunt and let her "team" duct tape her to a beam on the ceiling of a basement. Of course her boyfriend was sworn to get her down when she demanded upon pain of - I dunno - death or something.
I still haven't seen the pictures!
Duct tape is a wonderful thing. But um - one across the mouth would be pretty effective.

Dixie said...

I have always threatened my kids with that punishment. I just thought it was a befitting punishment since we are rednecks and you know how much rednecks love them some duct tape. It is known as the redneck fix-it-all, ya' know.