Never Trust A Monkey
According to BBC news, monkeys put out a hit on the deputy mayor of Dehli and had him whacked. Oh, they tried to make it look like he accidentally fell from his balcony, but it's obvious they pushed him off. According to the story, the area has been plagued by hordes of monkeys because devout Hindus revere them as a manifestation of the god Hanuman and are reluctant to cull them.
In fact, they feed them instead. But some people, like the deputy mayor, were attempting to lower the growing population menace by hiring monkey catchers and training larger monkeys to kill them on sight. C'mon people, wake up! It's obvious these monkeys organized a gang and plotted revenge! You just can't screw with their sweet setup without violent repercussions! They are crazy mad!
I have longed believed that we should keep an eye on monkeys at all times; they are clever, have opposable thumbs, and are out to get us. I am always on guard for a sneak monkey attack.
Why? I guess in the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit that I was spanked by a monkey when I was four.
It happened at the NC State Zoo in Asheboro; some moron decided it was okay to let a "tame" monkey run around in a diaper and interact with visitors. I have a very clear memory of being completely enchanted by this amazing-monkey-in-a-diaper that was just my size and innocently went up to talk to it. It hadn't had its coffee or something that morning because it suddenly grabbed me, flipped me over its knee, and walloped me several times before embarrassed staff grabbed it and hustled it away, leaving me upset and unable to watch The Jungle Book or Planet Of The Apes without a sense of dread forever more.
As this happened back in the 60's, it ended up as a 'funny' anecdote (where the punchline ends with me whining, "Monkey spanked me!") for my parents to tell every boyfriend I ever had, rather than a full blown hysterical multi-million dollar lawsuit, scandal, and subsequent emotional television appearances on Good Morning America and/or the The View the awful experience deserved!
And I hate to say it, but we're letting monkeys spiral out of control here in America, as well!
Oh sure, defenders will say the monkeys are working for us, but when you get mugged by a rogue macaque gang enforcer on a dark street corner some day, don't say I didn't warn you ......


4 comments:
Can you say coup? I'm sure of it!
Monkeys are way more clever than we give them credit for. I'm a firm believer that those organ grinder monkeys are really just pretending to be "owned". I think they are really forming sleeper cells all over the world and one day when we are all distracted by that tinkling music - LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!
LOL, I love that theory!
I always thought having a pet monkey would be great. They have oodles of personality, can do all kinds of tricks a dog could never even think of, and in a pinch, I bet I could train a capuchin to play Madden with me.
But thanks to you, I have abandoned this dream and will instead start planning ways to get a Siberian tiger. People might laugh at my BEWARE OF CAT sign, but only until Sheba eats their face off. Then who will be laughing?! [A: Sheba]
Girl, I don't trust a monkey. At all. They freak me the hell out.
Post a Comment