It Was Worth The Burns
Cedar Creek Gallery opened its new show tonight; called "Rich History" it's a celebration of 40 years in the business and features work from all the resident artists that have passed through the doors since it was founded.
I think I've mentioned that I've been helping Lisa Oakley blow glass for the last two weeks. My burn count is now four, which is a pretty good ratio for a scatterbrain like me. (By the way, above is a picture of gallery dog Jeremiah guarding the front door.)
This is one of the vases that I helped Lisa make - it's not too hideous, I must say.
And here is another vase we made, next to the always gorgeous pottery of Brad Tucker. He is one of the finest potters in the United States, you simply won't find nicer.
My house is full to the brim of his work...
A new addition to the gallery is textile artist Brooke Heuts. Although it looks like a painting, it's actually hand-stitched dyed silk. Just lovely ....
These are Patrick Hurley's wall vases; a worthy continuation of the traditional 'face jugs'. The light switch is a bonus, don't ya think?
The soothing Zen-like appeal of Tim Turner's work is hard to beat!
And last, but definitely not least, the work of John Martin and Geoff Lloyd. This picture doesn't do justice to the beauty of these pieces, but that's just showing my limits as a photographer. John's development of the extremely difficult-to-master crystalline glaze is quite astounding.
This weekend, I will be helping Lisa demonstrate blowing glass, so I probably won't get a chance to blog. If you're in the area, come by and say hi - it will be worth it; the work I've shown here is but the tip of the iceberg ....
Have a good one!


2 comments:
I wish I could be there!
Beautiful stuff! Would be SO nice to see it in person!
Post a Comment