Barack The Vote
North Carolina has suddenly become important in American politics!
The first presidential candidate to announce an appearance in The Tarheel State was Barack Obama and The Husband and I leapt at the chance to see him. We drove over 300 miles (there and back) to Charlotte today for the opportunity to take a gander at a top-job contender, up close and personal, and we were not disappointed in that respect. We were pretty darn close! I have to say, I would have been just as happy to see Hillary Clinton or John McCain, but alas they have yet to come anywhere near us; but I live in hope they will.**
However, it's been a long - but exciting - day, so I will report more on our trip tomorrow.
**Okay, full honesty here...there is actually no way in hell I would have driven such a distance to see John McCain. But hey! I am a Democrat!


3 comments:
LOL... I should hope not. I don't think you could have dealt with the site of that dude. But it is what it is.
Glad you were able to see the candidate in the flesh. I think it adds a little perspective to the election.
HRC is due here in a few weeks...I think I'm gonna go see her. I have to drive about 150 miles and its a fund raiser...
This is such an exciting time and historical time isn't it?
Bill was here yesterday, but it was a closed event, doh!
I heard Hillary is coming soon, I will be there if I can!
Post a Comment