Monday, August 27, 2007

Becks

Does anyone really care that David Beckham is playing soccer (football to the rest of the known world) in America? If you believe all the press and hype he's getting over here, you would think we, as a nation, begged him to come over and save us from the boring old American soccer we all totally ignore the majority of the time anyway.

But I mean, honestly. Do you, person who is reading this blog right now, really give a rat's patoot? I don't.

And bringing Skeletor along for the ride is just too much. She should go eat a sandwich already before all that's left of her are her fake boobies.

I once saw Becks at the Midland Hotel in Manchester, along with Ryan Giggs and Eric Cantona (now I am dating myself for sure) at a Man Utd gala, and he sure is a good looking man. But I still don't care. Soccer will never be a powerhouse sport in the States like it is everywhere else; we like winners or losers. All that nonsense about playing 90 minutes for a nil-nil game is just crazy-talk.

I mean if Pele couldn't make a dent here, nobody can.

2 comments:

BetteJo said...

Um no. I don't care at all. Yes I suppose he's good looking but not my type at all and I just have no interest.
I did see the reality show they (or is it only her?) are doing and was mildly amused by the attempts to bring Victoria a bit more down to earth for the American public. But amused enough to watch it again? Probably not.

Mahala said...

Skeletor!!! That's priceless :) I don't get what all the hype is either. It's not like we were running low on boney women in the media to further distort what's "normal" to our daughters.