GodTube
I have found a new internets religious site that ranks up there with Fundies Say The Darndest Things!
GodTube is YouTube for the Christianist set. It's chock full of sermons, short films, and "funny" videos. I especially loved the piece about porn; it quotes Matthew 5:29 "if your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it away" and features a man destroying his computer because porn dared appeared on his screen. I suppose this is hilarious to a certain sub-group of Christians who refuse to take personal responsibility seriously. I found it weirdly scary. It's the same justification that fundamental Muslims countries like Iran use to make woman wear the burka - you can't have woman walking about uncovered to tempt all the poor hapless men. Bless.
However, there is a series of parodies of the Apple/PC ads called Christian/Christ Follower which gave me hope that not ALL Christians are right-wing nutjobs. And this awesome video called Baby Got Book. I laughed all the way through it.
*****I had embedded another video of a much more scary film that was agitating Christians towards killing anyone who disagreed with them. Armegeddon, here we come! It was awfully exciting. However, either their site has been down all day, or my IP address has been banned. How I would love if that were the case!!!!! Either way, I had to remove it, it was messing up the flow.
I don't hate religious people, I consider myself one. I'm just scared of the extremist ones. I am a Methodist, we don't care for all that nonsense.


0 comments:
Post a Comment