It's YOUR Toilet, Too
We had an interesting discussion at work today about cleaning, cooking and other household chores and who actually does what.
For example, I shared my story about the time The Husband rushed up to me and announced with indignant disgust, "I had to clean the toilet!" The implication being, of course, that it was me who was somehow slacking.
"Um, when exactly did I get assigned permanently to that job?", I asked politely whilst I whacked him upside the head with the toilet scrubber. Haha, I'm kidding! I just used his toothbrush to clean it next time; he didn't know and I felt much better, it was a win/win situation!
But you get my point. In any relationship, one person has higher standards than the other, and never the twain shall meet. I have come to accept that I live with a bunch of total slobs and that my house will never be the way I like it. If I want it clean, I clean it. Or I press gang a group of children to do it for me while I sit on the deck and drink a beer, which is the preferred option these days. Either way, it doesn't stay like that for longer than an hour, but I take what I can get.
One thing that is NOT negotiable, however, is that whoever does the cooking gets a free pass tidying up the kitchen. If you cook, you don't clean it up, end of story. It's the law, and if you don't respect it, you might find yourself eating something one day that doesn't quite sit right on your stomach ....


5 comments:
"you might find yourself eating something one day that doesn't quite sit right on your stomach ...."
ah. . . so you've come across the Bernard Matthews 'Turkey Twizzler' then? http://gopvixen.blogs.com/gop_vixen/images/twizzler.jpg
It is just sooooo wrong to produce "food" like this
Anyway, that whole thing with the toothbrush just made me shudder . . . . I wonder if there are any other more cringe-worthy ways of eking out revenge? . . . that question probably needs a whole new blog though :-)
hahaha Then you can honestly say he has a potty mouth!
Just ewwwwwww!
Jiffers - my kids would love the turkey twizzler. The less real food the better in their opinions
Dazd - Ha! Hadn't thought of that LOL
As Steve Shroeder discovered when we washed his teacup in the lavatory pan!
Ah the lovely Steve S ... will blog about that some day, hehe
Post a Comment