Not Just Thrilling But Healing .....
Ever since I stumbled across the Filipino prisoners doing the Thriller dance, I have been on the lookout for an answer as to why?
Thanks to this report from NPR, we have an answer. It IS rehabilitation! I knew it!
It is the brainchild of Byron Garcia, the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center security consultant who wanted to boost attendance at daily exercise sessions. He says, "I wanted a program where everyone would exercise an hour a day. One day, I saw these waves of orange people (in the exercise yard). I thought it looked very nice."
There you have it folks. Byron Garcia is a visionary; anyone who can get almost a 1,000 prisoners, 300 of which are banged up for murder, to joyfully group dance to songs by Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury and the Village People is a genius. I definitely think the Filipinos are on to something.
I leave you with Jumbo Hot Dog. I can't understand what they're singing but the pelvic thrusts are pretty self-explanatory. Enjoy!


1 comments:
I wonder if I could get the inmates at Warren to boogie. "YOU! Do the the thriller dance or go to the hole!"HAHAHAHA
Post a Comment