The Princess ...
...had her 9th birthday on Sunday, and started 4th grade the next day. I have been a little preoccupied with my own medicinal issues and didn't mention it when I should have. I am such a Slacker Mommy .....
Here is her cake. She has pretty much outgrown the little kid themed cakes, so we improvised with daisies. She didn't seem to mind at all. It was chocolate, that's all that mattered.
She got wads of cash this year; the $100 from Grandma Chris in the UK was plenty, I felt, but then she got even MORE. The child is richer than I am right now, which is slightly alarming. But that's okay, I know where she hides it......just in case, that's all I'm saying.
She got a Nintendo DS-Lite and a few games as her main present. This was a huge hit and she has already spent almost every spare waking hour messing with it. I'm not as bothered by this as I might be, because the game she chooses to play over all the others is called Brain Age, a "brain training" game that features Sudoku, math puzzles and logic riddles. She is a geek just like her Mama! I am extremely proud; and apparently quite stupid, as she can beat the pants off me on it. Damn you Sodoku, you are the devil!
Okay, here I'm gonna try and post my very short video of her first day of school. Notice how she is obviously patronizing me by doing such a silly thing, even though it's something we've done since she started pre-school. Back then she was a lot more excited about it and didn't have to be coached. This time it was like pulling teeth. The look on her face here just screams, "Oh Mother, you are soooo lame". That look is becoming more and more attached to her pretty face the older she gets. She wouldn't hold my hand either when I dropped her off in her class either, saying "that's not cool!".
That's okay, I understand baby (chokes back a sob).


5 comments:
Awww.. you blink and they're grown.. it's so true. Although, my 22 year old is sitting here playing with her DS-Lite as we speak.
Y'know I watched the video 4 times and she never did one complete eye-roll - only a partial in the beginning. So I'm pretty sure she was thinking Mom this is a BIT lame. Not totally. That's a good thing, right?
Mahala - Can't get the child off the darn thing, although I did persuade her to play backgammon with today, that's about the only game I can still beat her at.
Bettjo - Oh I got the FULL eye roll when she found out I had shared the video. And a teeny little hissy fit.
Awww.. how cute! Did her cake say "Happy Birthday Kisha?" Tell her I said Happy birthdizzle my kizzle!
It actually said "Kicka" LOL
Post a Comment