The Honeymoon
Okay, we didn't go on a honeymoon. The girls were so excited that we were getting married, we decided to hold off on going anywhere and stay with them instead. I know, what a pair of knuckleheads, huh? What can I say, we kind of like them.
So, we brought the kids home from the Courthouse and hung out with them all afternoon and the next day and then I went back to work. And to be honest, Grandma had hinted before we got married that she would be less than thrilled to be left at home alone with four children. Actually, she fixed me with a steely glare and hissed at me, "You're NOT leaving me alone at home with four kids!". Maybe not so much of a hint as a threat. Yep, definitely a threat.
The day after the ceremony, The Husband (no longer a Significant Other, he has been upgraded) and I were sitting on the deck enjoying the sunshine as the girls trooped in and out at regular intervals to "check" on how we were doing. Finally, I said to The Princess, "Can ya'll just leave us alone for an hour? This is our honeymoon after all".
She stopped in her tracks and gently put her hand on my arm, a look of profound sympathy plastered on her face. "Oh, Mommy", she sighed. "How sad!". She smiled sweetly, patted me on top of the head, and went off on her merry way.
I wouldn't change it for the world.


1 comments:
Awww!
Post a Comment